ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarika MirchandaniI am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 6:06:00 am

I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!! How to break this limit??

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 7:12:16 am

[Sarika Mirchandani] "I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!! How to break this limit??"

You can't. From the help page on Composition settings [link]:
Note: The limit for composition duration is three hours. You can use footage items longer than three hours, but time after three hours does not display correctly.

The best I can suggest is to make more than one comp then edit them together in an NLE. But three hours is a seriously long comp...

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sarika MirchandaniRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 8:14:45 am

Thank you Walter for your suggestion.
However,I was looking for some kind of script or so for after effect to extend the composition duration past 3 hrs.
Thanks anyways :)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 1:45:51 pm

3 hours? Why? If we know the "why" we can help you figure out the best way to work around the limitation.
Also I certainly hope you're planning to render an image sequence rather than a video file. I'd hate the render to get to hour 3.5 of a 3.6-hour-long project and fail leaving you with nothing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 9:16:58 pm

I can't even think of any possible scenario where I'd need a 3 hour comp in AE, to be honest...

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 6:48:16 pm

[Sarika Mirchandani] "I was looking for some kind of script or so for after effect to extend the composition duration past 3 hrs. "

Um...you may consider using a video editing application instead of a compositing application.

AE is not really designed to handle documentary-length operations...

What exactly are you attempting to accomplish?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Sarika MirchandaniRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on May 2, 2011 at 5:25:35 am

Hi all!
Thanks for taking out time to exclaim on the question i asked :)
But seriously, i personally know about the AE duration limit.However, I was looking out on any script that would allow AE to extend its duration beyond the 3 hours limit.
Anyways, I obviously broke down my footages into comps and then rendered out through Premiere! The easiest solution :)

Thank you all for your valuable time!!!
Its highly appreciated!!!

Regards,
Sarika.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: I am not able to extend the After Effect comp duration more than 3 hours!!!
by on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:28:43 am

You can submit a feature request. Be sure to explain why you would use a single composition greater than three hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on May 2, 2011 at 6:04:43 am

Hello again!
The reason to use a single Composition with the length longer than 3 hours is due to the content.
The content happens to be e-learning which covers a length of 3hrs. + of footage for a single chapter.On the more,I had to render it out as mpeg from AE itself.
Anyways, I have worked out the solution.
Again,thanks everyone!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]