ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Older Files to CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc Braun
Older Files to CS5
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:58:53 pm

I'm trying to get older files from 5.5 into CS5 and here's the message I get

After Effects error: this file was created with an older version of After Effects [5.5 (Macintosh PPC)], and can’t be opened. You can convert this file using an older version of After Effects and resaving.

Problem is 5.5 is the only older version I have. Any way to get this converted?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Older Files to CS5
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:12:58 pm

Your CS5 disc came with an AE CS4 installation option. Install it and you should be able to open the old version.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:21:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I did an electronic download and don't see the CS4 there but I am getting a backup DVD so guess I'll wait for it to arrive unless you know of a way to get CS4 online?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:08:24 pm

If you need it done relatively soon, you could send the file to me and I can (try to remember to) open it and resave it when I get home. (Here at work I only have AE 10/CS5, but at home I have older versions.)

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:26:35 pm

Thanks for your generous offer but there are several. Not a rush and disk is bring sent

Return to posts index

Mike Berg
on May 2, 2011 at 9:04:53 pm

I have one relatively small file that needs to be converted in this way as well... would you be willing to open and resave it for me too? If so, please email mike [at] door62 [dot] com. Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:18:13 am

Thanks, you've been a great help. I did an electronic download and haven't seen CS4 in my download folder or installed folder so I'll wait for the disc to get here that should contain it. No rush but will have about ten that I have to convert.

Appreciate your quick response, very nice forum will keep coming back to see what I can learn

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:14:27 pm

Hi,

I now have the phusical disc for Master Collection 5 that I got as a BU and haven't seen AE CS4 anywhere. Hoping I'm just missing it somewhere. Any assistance you can offer would be great. Thanks,

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Jul 19, 2011 at 3:28:58 pm

It's been awhile but now the need has come to convert older PPC files to CS5.5 and I don't see anywhere on the install disc where I can install CS4. any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 20, 2011 at 1:27:19 pm

I don't remember where it was in all the stuff. I believe there may have been another disc that had them on it. If you can't find it, try Adobe support.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

marc Braun
on Jul 20, 2011 at 2:24:31 pm

Thanks,

What I've found out is the CS4 version you have been talking about is on the windows side. I'm Mac and guess they didn't see a need to include it for the Mac!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]