ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Framerate Error Message When Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry Sokolov
Framerate Error Message When Rendering
on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:57:14 am

Hi i'm disparately in need of help with the message i receive when trying to render my composition. i'm trying to output in .mp4 format (using h262 codec for lowest file size) and get the below error, preventing from rendering. I have no idea what/where to adjust the frame rate... I know there is a frame rate option in the 'composition' tab.. but no matter how high/lod (within reason) i set it, no luck.... (I'm using the HD TV 1080 preset in the composition menu)

What am i doing wrong? Appreciate any help the community can offer.

PS: the goal is to reduce the file size of the output file w/ out sacrificing quality. The file is to be used for digital signage.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Framerate Error Message When Rendering
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:36:07 am

Don't transcode when you render from After Effects. Render uncompressed and transcode in Media Encoder or Compressor.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:05:08 am

I'm with Brian: rendering out of AE is just about the worst place to scrimp on file size. Follow his directions.

And Mr. Charles: did you ever get your Flash conundrum settled for that awards show? I can't do anything about it (no Flash knowledege) but I can still imagine the frustration.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dmitry Sokolov
on Apr 27, 2011 at 3:41:14 am

Sorry guys, can you please be more specific... I'm not sure i understand.

Should i be exporting or rendering as a. mov?

Also, it used to work in the past, and no longer... any way someone can pin down the setting i should be looking for? Unfortunately i don't have Sorenson or other converters.... (university student budget)...so must do it through AE...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:46:19 am

Just to be clear, NEVER export from After Effects, use the Render Queue and render. Use Best Settings and Lossless compression,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 27, 2011 at 3:08:19 pm

[Dmitry Sokolov] "Unfortunately i don't have Sorenson or other converters.... (university student budget)...so must do it through AE..."

You have Adobe Media Encoder, don't you? Add your lossless render from AE to it and convert the file to the type you want.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:44:55 am

Mr. LaRonde, thanks for your concern. All I can say is I'm working on it and there's not an obvious, or for that matter a documented, solution.

I'm now working on a bit of social engineering, and have offered to supply a working Mac with an HDMI cable to the AV company. The awards show is this coming Saturday and I've spent far too much time troubleshooting their system...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]