ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rod LaughridgeMissing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 7:12:27 pm

I recently purchased the Footage Firm stock footage for AE, I use CS5. When I copy from the DVD to my hard drive, and import one of the projects into AE, I get messages stating the project contains references to 26 missing effects and asks me to load them. Then it will tell me that I'm missing 3 or 4 fonts too.

I've contacted the company but the online chat was not help, and they haven't returned my call or email. Has anyone ever worked with this product and am I just missing something or where can I find what it's asking me to load?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 7:23:52 pm

Wait a minute -- exactly what did you buy? Footage? AE projects? Both? That's not quite clear.

You say you run AE 10, so I have questions about that, too: How LONG have you used AE? Did you get the latest update to 10.0.2? If you bought a project, did you double-check that you actually had the necessary plugins before you opened your wallet? Did you make a mistake when you installed AE?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rod LaughridgeRe: Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:49:39 pm

Hi Dave,

I have AE ver 10.0.2. What I purchased was two of the template sets from this link http://www.footagefirm.com/freetemplates.html

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:41:21 pm

Hi Rod -

Here's something to try. Open the project in AE. Find one of the footage clips you copied to your hard drive in File Explorer. In AE, right click one of the clips in your Project panel, and choose "Replace", then navigate to where you found the clip. This should find all the clips for you, and re-link to the media. My guess is that the project is looking in the wrong place for all the footage. Good luck!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Rod LaughridgeRe: Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:17:04 am

Hi Joe,

For some reason when I tried that, the menu option for Replace is greyed out. Thanks for getting back to me.

Return to posts index

Pat FordRe: Missing Footage Firm Stock Footage elements
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 4:50:19 pm

My experience with the footage firm templates:

I bought an AE template...there was a screw-up far down in the project. Spent hours and hours trying to figure it out. My motion graphics guy figured it out. Footage Firm never got back to me. Wasted a huge amount of time.

People like me who have a modest amount of AE skill need to be aware of this lack of support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]