ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe Dynamic Link | Not linking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David GoldschmidtAdobe Dynamic Link | Not linking
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 5:51:47 pm

Please help. I recently transferred all my data to backup storage. I have a Premiere Pro Project with a ton of Dynamic Links to AE. Since transferring when I open my PPRO file, the files are not linked to each oher and even when i click link media the entire project freezes. : ( I solved this a few months back but I cant remember how to do it. Someone please help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe Dynamic Link | Not linking
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 6:07:55 pm

Eeeeewww. Dynamic Link is one of those Band-Aids Adobe software engineers figured out to make AE play nicer with Premiere.

I've never used it, but one thing immediately comes to mind: in order for things to link dynamically, they doubtlessly follow a specifically-defined file path: volume names, folder names, file names, the works. By archiving your project, you may not have maintained that identical file information/ Thus, the specific file paths required by Dynamic Link are no longer there.

Could that be the case?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David GoldschmidtRe: Adobe Dynamic Link | Not linking
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 6:09:35 pm

That possible, but all my files are pretty much within one folder. So even if I transferred my folder to a new location all other files remain within the folder structure, UNLESS, ADobe puts the dynamic link files in another folder.. I am onto something now. If I open the AE files and try to link the media it WORKS. But when I close that AE file to open the new one it crashes. Anyway of opening multiple AE instances on one machine

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved