ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Critiques?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James VaughanCritiques?
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 5:44:13 am

Hey! This is my first time posting on the Creative Cow Forums, but I've been a long time viewer of the shows. I just made my first real video to test out some techniques in After Effects and I'd love any suggestions on how I could have done things better or differently! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Critiques?
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 7:15:42 am

It would be great if you could also post a link to that video so that we have something to look at...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

James VaughanRe: Critiques?
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 1:45:00 pm

Haha, sorry, that's quite embarrassing... Here's a link:

Return to posts index

by on Apr 26, 2011 at 3:42:06 pm

Not mentioning the "acting", I think it's a promising start, but it needs a bit more, a certain "wow" factor. When the guy in green "jumps" I would warp the space, create a slight shock wave, a vortex of sorts... something to point out the transition, and maybe some motion blur with a slight "shake" of the body at the beginning and the end of a jump.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

James VaughanRe: Critiques?
by on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:40:58 pm

Thanks for the advice! I made this yesterday in just under six hours, and it was originally just going to be for us to test out the effects, but we were pretty happy with how it turned out, so I put it up on YouTube. I shot it on a tripod and added the camera shake in AE. I also made the shaking more intense during the "Warps" to add a bit to the effect. If there are any specific tutorials on how to improve something like this, it's be great if you could share some links!

Return to posts index

by on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:07:08 am

There are many tutorials you can use to get ideas- you just have to decide on a look. Here's one that may be interesting:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/energy_wipe/

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]