ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Company wants to use my video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael JosefikCompany wants to use my video
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:57:05 pm

Hey all,

Not sure this is the place for this question, but I felt it made the most sense here. I had created a video for the publishing company I work for a couple of months ago, and the video has been up for a while. You can see it below. First attempt at kinetic type BTW.

Today the president of the company called to tell me that someone wanted to use our video on their website and possibly in some of their marketing material in some capacity. She then asked me to do some research on what we should charge the company to do this. I found plenty of resources for how to sell/license stock footage, but nothing about doing that for a video that is a completed project.

So my question is... are there any resources for selling/licensing videos like this? Or are there a set of "unspoken rules" about doing this sort of thing?

Thanks for all your help.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Company wants to use my video
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 10:09:34 pm

First of all - very, very nicely done!

Next, there are several repositories for selling your video or AE projects. Probably not allowed to mention them by name here, but a simple search for the words "stock After Effects" or "stock footage" and you'll find them.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved