ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text irradiating particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Barker
Text irradiating particles
on Apr 22, 2011 at 9:54:37 pm

Hi, I'm trying to create an effect where text slowly irradiates tiny particles from within. I've been trying to use Particle Playground to do this with the Layer Exploder, but there doesn't seem to be a way of regulating the birth rate of particles within the exploder, so it just spews out a large amount of particles. I want this effect to be more subtle than that. Is there any way to adjust how many particles that Layer Exploder creates? Or is there another plugin entirely?

Television Producer
KTVF-11 Fairbanks, Alaska
video.ericbarker.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Text irradiating particles
on Apr 22, 2011 at 9:57:38 pm

Trapcode's Particular is my favorite AE-based particle solution.
Another very good particle tool is Wondertouch's ParticleIllusion. I haven't used their AE plugin, but their standalone program is rather good.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Eric Barker
on Apr 22, 2011 at 10:23:26 pm

I should have prefaced this by saying I don't have a budget for 3rd party plugins. I'm on a shoestring budget, and it's impossible to convince my engineers (who control the money) to invest in plugins. I know Trapcode is amazing, and I'll see whether I can fit it into next year's budget, but for the foreseable future, I'm going to have to rely on builtin plugins.

Television Producer
KTVF-11 Fairbanks, Alaska
video.ericbarker.com

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Apr 23, 2011 at 9:21:16 am

Try checking out this project in which Andrew Kramer uses CC Particle World to create particles- you may able to use some of his settings to adapt them to your needs.
Another idea is to create a high frame rate animation, render it, and then bring that is a standard rate comp to get slower moving particles.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]