ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering Glitch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Dorris
Rendering Glitch
on Apr 22, 2011 at 1:38:33 pm

Hello--

I'm working on a personal project and running into some weird glitches when I render. I encountered them in the viewer, restarted my computer and they went away, but when I render to quicktime they show back up again. The bug is basically a black weird shape with either a white outline or black dots surrounding it showing up here and there.

Here is a screenshot:
<a href="http://i1.creativecow.net/u/101446/renderbug.jpg">renderbug.jpg</a>

It's a 32 bit project, and the only 3rd party plug ins running are particular and video copilot's twitch (both updated). The only thing funky is for one of the graphics I'm using a masked pdf--would that cause something like this? I've had a similar glitch when my logic core on my laptop was frying itself, but that affected the whole system, not just an after effects render.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Rendering Glitch
on Apr 22, 2011 at 2:06:27 pm

What OS are you using? (From the screenshot it looks like OSX, but what version?) What version of AE? What graphics card (has it been updated?) Are you rendering with OpenGL? (Don't)

Does that show up in the RAM preview or just in the final render?
What are your render settings?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matthew Dorris
on Apr 22, 2011 at 4:19:10 pm

OSX 10.6.7
AE 10.0.0.2.4
GEForce GT 330M
No Open GL as far as I can tell.

The glitches are showing up in the RAM preview. Render settings are the default "lossless" output, with the codec changed to Pro Res 422.

Everything is fully updated. Ran the adobe updater, and the apple updater. Restarts aren't helping. It's really quite bizzarre.

Matt

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 22, 2011 at 4:34:01 pm

I'm not sold on the use of mp4 video in AE, even in version 10. What happens if this footage comes in as ProRes 422 in the first place? It's worth a test, I'd think.

If it makes a difference, write back and most importantly, tell Adobe about it! File a bug report:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Dorris
on Apr 22, 2011 at 4:39:59 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what mp4 footage you are referring to, unless you mean the pdf graphic? otherwise there is no footage, just a few tiffs, and a pdf with a mask on it. Thanks for taking a look at my thread!

Matt

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 22, 2011 at 5:00:22 pm

I saw "filename.mp4" t the top of the window you showed us. What exactly are we looking at?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Dorris
on Apr 22, 2011 at 5:40:55 pm

ah, yes, apologies.

what is in the screen shot is an mp4 render out of After Effects using the 'h.264' render module preset. i have rendered out a quicktime uncompressed (animation), quicktime pro-res 422, and an h.264 mp4 (i just wanted to have a small file to upload).

I turned the comp to 16 bit and did a render and the glitch has gone away, but of course I have a lot of banding and it doesn't pop color wise as much as it did before. I'm going to turn 32 bit back on and see if the glitch comes back.

Matt

Return to posts index

Matthew Dorris
on Apr 22, 2011 at 5:48:15 pm

Yeah, seems it's somehow tied to 32 bit rendering. Flipped it back to 32 and the glitch came right back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]