ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

driving me mad - exporting m2v instead of mpg

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Payne
driving me mad - exporting m2v instead of mpg
on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:05:56 am

hi all,
ive been happily exporting mpegs all day and I just pushed a button by accident (selected one of the output presets without audio) when I now go back to mpeg2 (and check that output audio is ticked) the file it tries to export is a m2v which as you know has no audio!

There is audio in the timeline thats turned on and nothing has changed from before I accidentally selected the wrong preset.

Ive created a whole new project and restarted pc but it seems unable to export mpeg now, only m2v...

Return to posts index

David Payne
Re: driving me mad - exporting m2v instead of mpg
on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:10:13 am

ok MPEG-DVD seems to export an mpeg with audio but I was DEFINATELY using just the mpeg2 preset before... I wonder whats changed?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:25:33 pm

Actually, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the proper mpeg: it's not the best idea to do that in AE in the first place. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Apr 21, 2011 at 12:28:11 pm

Look for the multiplexing parameter - it has to be switched on in order to get a single MPEG file instead of two, which will be an m2V or Mv2 + an MPA.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

David Payne
on Apr 26, 2011 at 8:45:48 am

thanks very much to you both

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]