ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time differences in nested compositions!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelvin Lee
Time differences in nested compositions!
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:08:42 pm

Hi guys!

I am new to the world of After Effects and trying to create a video that has muliple nested compositions. I am applying affects to transition from one to another and that works fine. However, when I go to a specific timeframe for example 0:00:30:07 in main composition and then move to one of the nested ones, the time changes to 0:00:42:34.

Both compositions are set to 29.97fps so I am totally confused as to why its different, any ideas?

It is really fustrating as I am trying to apply effects in 2 different compositions to run at the same time but as the times don’t match it makes it really difficult. Please help!

Many Thanks in Advance.

Kelvin

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Time differences in nested compositions!
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:25:49 pm

If Preferences > General > "Synchronize time of all related items" is checked, then AE will help you stay on the same frame as you move across precomps. If you uncheck that box, then AE will not automatically match frame as you switch from one one comp to another.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kelvin Lee
on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:23:18 am

Thanks for the response.

I checked and that option is checked. For example when I move through the frames in composition, it does move it to the same point in another composition. Its just that the time seems to be different. I originally thought that the composition fps were different, but I've checked and they are the same.

I don't understand why the individual compositions would have different timelines.

Help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:05:06 am

Unless all the layers begin at the very first frame of the main comp, they will have different times.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]