ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Foundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff KleinFoundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 3:08:00 pm

Hello. I'm using the Foundry Camera Tracker plugin inside After Effects and I tracked a scene successfully. The only issue is I want to scale up the scene significantly (two null objects that I currently create are only 10 pixels apart, I'd like them to be more like 1000 pixels apart).

In some of the online training I've heard mention of scaling the scene but I've never actually seen it done. I'm under the impression that all I need to do is scale up the null object that the camera is parented to (automatically via camera tracker) and the scene should scale up automatically. I've tried this but have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Foundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:19:31 pm

You'll have to unparent the camera from the Null and then scale the Null so that it affects layers parented to the Null.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Jeff KleinRe: Foundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:45:07 pm

Thanks for the response, but either I'm not following or this doesn't accomplish what I'm attempting to do. I unapparent the camera from the "master" null (the null camera tracker created) and then I scale up the master null and the coordinates of two nulls I created (via camera tracker) do not change (these nulls are parented to the master null).

Just so I'm clear, All I'm trying to accomplish is to make the entire scene bigger. Right now if I create two nulls via camera tracker (one at the far left of the scene and one at the far right) they stick to the footage perfectly, but the problem is their XYZ positions are only around 100 pixels apart, I'd like to make that 1000 because it's difficult to work in such a small scene.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Joe VacRe: Foundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene
by on Apr 23, 2011 at 3:12:30 am

Same issue here. Find any solution?

Return to posts index

wsummersRe: Foundry Camera Tracker - Scaling Scene
by on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:08:00 pm

Make a Null at the same 3D position as the camera. Parent everything in the scene that you want scaled up to that null. Now scale the null and everything will appear the same relative to the camera.

I came across this question when trying to use AE's built in camera tracker which will only allow you to track a scene at its native resolution. If you track a scene at proxy resolution and then want to use the same track with the large resolution files the solution there is to increase comp size to your desired resolution and then multiply the camera zoom by the ratio of the new resolution to the old resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved