ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilizing footage is resulting in distorted background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan HargreavesStabilizing footage is resulting in distorted background
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 11:41:43 am

Hi,

I've been handed some footage a client shot for editing and there's some pretty horrendous camera wobble on it.

I've attempted to stabilize it as normal but the result is the background is distorting rather than smoothing.

For example, if I choose a track point in the bottom third of the screen, rather than the whole frame compensating for the movement, the upper third just distorts back and forth. Same in reverse if I choose a track point in the upper portion of the screen.

I've experimented with different size trackers and tracking position and rotation, but it doesn't seem to want to smooth out, and in fact looks worse in some ways than the original footage.

I've been back to some old tutiorials and had a look through some of the posts here but can't seem to find a solution.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Stabilizing footage is resulting in distorted background
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:02:49 pm

The footage may have lens distortion. Overlay a grid layer to check for distortion and then apply Optics Compensation to correct any distortion. Then stabilize the lens corrected footage.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]