ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automated Chroma Keying

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan SonnabendAutomated Chroma Keying
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:18:57 am

Every day my customer sends me a videofile they recorded in front of a green screen. Normally I start AE and put Keylight on the file and insert a background. Then I render it out and send it back.

I know of the watch folder feature After Effects has. But it does only render out .aep files (AE projects). Is there a way to let AE detect the new videofile, put the effect (Keylight) on it and render it out in a secific format?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Automated Chroma Keying
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:15:18 pm

This requires Javascripting. You'll do better at the COW's Expressions Forum here - http://forums.creativecow.net/adobe_after_effects_expressions

Good Luck
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Automated Chroma Keying -- are you SERIOUS?
by on Apr 20, 2011 at 2:02:38 am

I know it's a big pain, but unless you can control EVERY aspect of the chroma key shoot, there is no way on God's Green Earth you will be able to all the lighting, distance, exposure and color nuances necessary to do a so-called "automated" chroma key. It just ain't going to happen.

My suggestion: suck it up and get to work.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stefan SonnabendRe: Automated Chroma Keying -- are you SERIOUS?
by on Apr 20, 2011 at 9:05:00 am

I must add, that I don't have to necessarily change the effect. I merely put the file in a PreComp (which has the effect in it) and render it out. The lighting situation is almost identical all the time.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Automated Chroma Keying -- are you SERIOUS?
by on Apr 21, 2011 at 6:32:55 pm

I'm glad for you to hear that.

In my experience, just about every different green screen shot requires a little tweaking to get it right. I've even shot subjects one right after another within ten minutes using identical lighting, focal length, iris settings... the works. Not a single blessed thing changed, only the subject, and I STILL had to adjust the keyer.

Relying on others to provide the kind of consistency necessary for truly automated keying is a crap shoot at best.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stefan SonnabendRe: Automated Chroma Keying -- are you SERIOUS?
by on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:06:24 pm

I must add, that I don't have to necessarily change the effect. I merely put the file in a PreComp (which has the effect in it) and render it out. The lighting situation is almost identical all the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]