ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects warning: Could not delete the file..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephanie MorinAfter Effects warning: Could not delete the file..
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 6:45:41 am

I am having trouble exporting an .swf file from After Effects. Everytime I try I get the same error: "After Effects warning: Could not delete the file 'C:\Users\Stephanie\Desktop\AE_swf263170.jpg'." and I end up getting only partially rendered videos. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Lenny LopezRe: After Effects warning: Could not delete the file..
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:12:11 am

Hi i only made this account just to answer your question smh lmaooo well here you go the answer ive been at this for months finally found the solution you beautiful women you

Here’s what’s happening:
1. AE creates a temporary JPEG file during creation of the SWF.
2. It then attempts to delete the file.
3. Inbetween creating and deleting the file, some other program has grabbed the file and is trying to use it. (Hence the “file is busy” message.)
4. AE can’t delete the file. Either your anti-virus program is at fault, or Spotlight is doing it. So you should:
A. Turn off any anti-virus software.
B. Go into the System Prefs > Spotlight, go to the Privacy tab, and add the folder you are using. This way Spotlight won’t try to index the temp files at the same time that AE is trying to delete them.

Return to posts index

Chuck LuckRe: After Effects warning: Could not delete the file..
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 1:08:27 am

I have the same problem. I solved it by going into Task Manager and ending ZumoCast and Verizon's Vcast media manager. It tries to organize any new images even though the program hasn't been launched.

CB
http://www.spearchuck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]