ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Question: replicating animation on a large scale

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ege SoyuerQuestion: replicating animation on a large scale
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 2:20:01 pm

http://egesoyuer.com/files/talkboxes_initialmoves_02_2.mov

I want to replicate this effect (which i accomplished with good old fashion keyframes)... but on a much larger scale... I want for these shapes to keep replicating (while changing shape and color) until there are hundreds. Doing this with keyframes with be extraordinarily time-consuming.

I'm wondering if there's a way to automate this. Is there a plugin that will make this easier?

If anyone knows C4d, I'm wondering if some of the Effectors in Mograph could be used to automate this as well.

Thanks!

ps. I've had to post this twice.. the first one disappeared. Anyone know why that might have happened?
-Ege

egesoyuer.com

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Question: replicating animation on a large scale
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:52:26 pm

Depending on how random you want the effect, could you assign the master animation to a layer, then assign the layer to a particle effect, such as Trapcode Particular, which will allow you to output from a grid, or in a much more random form? I guess it depends on whether you want color variations along with a random motion effect, in which case you might make four or five "master" animations, then assign those to precomped layers, and build you final animation from those.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Question: replicating animation on a large scale
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:20:50 pm

Trapcode's Echospace is another option.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]