ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to keyframe a arch movement?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Niborhow to keyframe a arch movement?
by on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:33:54 pm

hi, i am trying to keyframe a camera movement and don't know how to do it in this specific case.

lets say i'm in active camera view - with oribt camera tool activated. now i click inside the preview window and move the mouse like i would draw an arch inside the window....

how can i keyframe the camera so that it repeats exactly this movement in the final animation?

i hope my descrition was understandable ; )

thanks

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: how to keyframe a arch movement?
by on Apr 17, 2011 at 11:06:48 pm

I would keyframe the move of the cam from left/right or right/left as the crow flies. Then, using the front camera view, add a keyframe in the middle of the move line in the preview window and drag it up (Make sure the scrubber is at the half-way point between the two keyframes). Now the cam move should look like an upside-down V. Change the interpolation of the keyframes to bezier. (Right click on the higlighted keyframes to do this). Also right click on the highlighted keyframes and select 'Rove across time'
That should do it.

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: how to keyframe a arch movement?
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:02:07 am

Hi Jason,
thanks for taking the time to answer.

i just did a quick test and i seems to work ; )

rove across time was greyed out... but i guess i'll figure out the reason later.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: how to keyframe a arch movement?
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 2:11:02 pm

My favorite way to animate something like this is to create my camera, create a null object, make the null object 3d, parent my camera to the null object, and then animate the null object's Y rotaion.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: how to keyframe a arch movement?
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 4:37:16 pm

thank you.

just saved your solution for the next time ; )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]