Lotto Roulette

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hlioui firasLotto Roulette
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:42:05 pm

hello
I'm working on my graduation project

I want to create a short advertising

this last is a Lotto roulette tuning and there is a metallic ball inside and I want the camera from the top side and from the left side

would you please tell me if there is a tutorial that will help me to do that or tell me some key words that will help me to fend the effects
should I use 3DS max to create the 3D Lotto roulette or I can create it with just few 2D images and it looks like 3D ?

dear friends if you will put me on the right road that will helps me a lot because I want to be graduated with a good grade to be able to study the master degree

thank you very much

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Lotto Roulette
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:55:47 pm

If you want your roulette wheel to behave like a roulette wheel, complete with the ball bouncing around and coming to rest on a number, this is a task for a 3D application.

If you mean something else, please elaborate on precisely what you want to accomplish.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

hlioui firasRe: Lotto Roulette
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 9:33:16 pm

thank you very much dear Mr Dave for your answer
exactly I want to create a roulette and a ball bouncing around then it stop on number 12 some thing like the picture that I sent

and first the camera focus on left side then on top side

do you think it is impossible to realise that with adobe after effects ?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 9:42:31 pm

I'm sorry to say this, but you can't do this in After Effects. This is a project you should do in a 3D application.

After Effects isn't sophisticated enough to create the kind of 3D objects you would need.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 9:59:07 pm

thank you very much for your answer dear Mr Dave so first I have try to create a 3d Model of the lotto roulette then can I import it into adobe after effects ? or it is better to never think about after effects ?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:11:40 pm

I would not think about using After Effects at all for animating your roulette wheel and ball. I would do all the animation in your 3D application.

If you are used to doing various passes in your 3D application to add more realism to the animation, you will find that After Effects is very good for compositing these various passes together.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2011 at 12:13:40 pm

thank you very much for your great advices Mr Dave I started realising my animation using Adobe after effects

this is the link 2200_untitledproject.aep.zip

I used a top picture for the roulette and I added a rotation to it it is ok from the top viwe but when I move to camera tothe left vew it looks like 2D are there an effect that it can makes the picture looks like bowl to give a 3D effect to it

thank you very much dear Mr Dave you are really helping me a lot

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: Lotto Roulette
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:39:04 pm

I don't know of any tutorials but you could purchase this for $4 and dissect it or even use it.

http://twurl.nl/frgm0b

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2011 at 7:53:12 pm

thank you very much dear Jason !
okey in Tunisia we cant pay by card but I will try to fend that file on rapidshare !

thank you very much !

Return to posts index

Mato KokoticRe: Lotto Roulette
by on Apr 17, 2011 at 7:24:30 pm

Although #D is "One and True Way" for projects like this, sometimes you can just sqeeze through with just AE and few graphics layers (If you dont need photorealistic stuff, that is).

Here is a AE CS5 project (more like a small self-explanatory tutorial) with one pic for the board and one for a ball.

2204_creativecowaeroulette.rar.zip

Just tweak camera, speed of board rotation, ball motion path, add adjustement layers if you want, ball reflection on board, ball shadow and stuff...
Use CC Cylinder if you want to add spinning axis, background of your preference etc.

AE is really Jack Of All Trades.

Enjoy.

Temb

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:18:29 pm

wow that is great Mr Mato that is even better than what I'm looking for really thank you sir you helped me a lot but my problem that my computer is windows 7 32 bit and this last dosn't allow me to use after effects cs5 so I'm using after effects cs4

when I try to run the ae file I get this error

"after effects error: the file you are attemting to open was created with after effects version 10.01 (unknown) and cannot be opened with this vertion. see http://www.adobe.com/aftereffects for information on upgrading your software "

please Mr Mato is it possible to save the file on cs4 and send it to me again ! really that is the greatest help that I ever get the word "thanks" is a little bit but really your help will makes me realising my dream ! mr Mato

I would like to zoom into some numbers but the file "Roulette map" is a little bit small !

please can you chanje it with the vector on this link ?

the file's name is "for_yuki.zip"

http://www.mediafire.com/?pma297b0mu50tgn

thank you again dear Mr

mer Mato

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2011 at 11:40:13 pm

I'm affraid it won't be possible, project uses FreeFormAE for 3D deformations (which comes with CS5 but not with CS4).

Even without that, I'm not sure if CS5 can save CS4 compatible file. Maybe someone here can help with that.

About vectors and numbers, this was quickie project just to show you how can it be done. You can easily replace my lores pic with vector and keyframe camera as close as you like.

Sorry I cannot help more. Find someone with CS5 and study composition, then try to recreate it.

As i said before (and all the others), it would be best if you can do this in 3D application (or with Invigorator, speaking about 3D).

Return to posts index

by on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:03:30 am

thank you very much dear Mr Mato for you answer and your great help I will try some one who has after effects cs5 to open that file for me

I have a question about the roulette

the one on the video that you sent to me looks like 3d it looks like a bowl
I tried to use the effect cc CYLINDER but it makes my roulette looks like a tube I tried to change the setting but It dosn't want to be change the form

please can you tell me how to make my roulette looks not 2D but like the one on the video

thank you very much sir

Return to posts index

by on Apr 18, 2011 at 7:11:23 am

You cannot do that in CC Cylinder. I did it with FreeFormAE from Mettle (comes bundled with CS5). You can do stuff like that in CS4 only with 3rd party plugins (like Conoa3D, Zaxwerks Invigorator....).

Return to posts index

by on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:55:13 am

thank you very much for your great help Mr Mato I will try to get Zaxwerks 3D to realise that 3D effect then I will show you my final animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]