ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MGM-type of motion picture intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lee ann berthiaumeMGM-type of motion picture intro
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 1:04:13 pm

Hello, I am working for my church to develop the media/video ministry. Would any of you know of a good tutorial that would show me how to create that opening MGM-type of 3D image at the start of the movies? I'm having a hard time describing it in written form, so I've attached a vimeo clip that another church has done. I'm talking about the Gold letters that move under the flashing lights, etc.

We'd like to create a custom intro in a similar fashion. Thanks for your time and

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: MGM-type of motion picture intro
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:01:56 pm

You are probably referring to 21st Century Fox and not MGM (that's the one with the lion). The animation was done most likely in a 3d app. However, you can do that in AE using Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro for the 3d letters/logo. You can even create simple projectors for the lights. To achieve the visible beam effect you need AE lights set in the same place where the projectors are (in 3d) and a Trapcode Lux filter applied on an adjustment layer on top.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

lee ann berthiaumeRe: MGM-type of motion picture intro
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:25:57 pm

Yes...21st Century Fox is it! (I'm really not crazy. Ha.) Thanks for this info. I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved