ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

improving workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pantelis Ntelosimproving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:59:44 am

hi. i want to know if there is any solution to my problem.

i have a comp that needs to be rendered as tiff sequence (for archiving).
then import the rendered sequence and render again as flv with two extra layers: a company logo and a background music.

i have to do this for lots and lots of comps. is there any way to automate these actions, and how? i haven't been into scripting before so i suppose the solution is somewhere near.. where can i start?
thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 12:56:17 pm

Bring all the projects you need to render in a master project.

Duplicate the original comp you need rendered as still sequence and add the 2 layers you need for the flv. Name the comps accordingly.

Open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder, import all comps, set each to desired output ( sequence of stills and flv ) and hit start queue.

Go have coffee, lunch, dinner or a short vacation, depending on how many projects you need rendered and how fast your machine is.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Pantelis AdamantiadisRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 1:31:08 pm

thank you for your reply Ted,
but i want to render the still sequence as flv and not the original comp cause that would save me much more time.
what about that?

Give me a place to stand on, and I will move the Earth

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:33:51 pm

[Pantelis Adamantiadis] "the still sequence as flv and not the original comp cause that would save me much more time."

Very easy: import the sequence into the existing AE project or a new one, set the appropriate frame rate for the imported sequence, and follow Ted's instructions above.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:46:41 pm

Yep, Dave's right, you'll have to setup a second project... or maybe it will work if you setup projects with proxies and then choose to "import and replace" the file sequence. They should be after all the initial comps in the render queue and have the exact name as the proxy. This may work, never tested it though.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:47:09 pm

[Pantelis Adamantiadis] "but i want to render the still sequence as flv and not the original comp cause that would save me much more time."

[Dave LaRonde] Very easy: import the sequence into the existing AE project or a new one, set the appropriate frame rate for the imported sequence, and follow Ted's instructions above."

This can be automated. Right-click the sequence in the Project panel and click Create Proxy > Movie. Set up your TIFF sequence here, and it will be added to the render queue.

Add the second sequence (which contains the first sequence as a layer) to the render queue, below the TIFF render, selecting whatever alternate output setting you need, and make sure that Proxy Use is set to either All or Comps.

Render using the render queue.

AE will create the TIFF sequence first, then use it in the project as a proxy. When the second item renders, it uses the proxy files instead of recalculating frames.

Another option might be to add the audio and bug with a compression application from the original TIFF sequence, instead of using additional comps in AE.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Pantelis AdamantiadisRe: improving workflow
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:19:09 am

thank you all!

Pantelis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>