ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video effect in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jayden Lawson
Video effect in After Effects
on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:21:40 am

Hey guys!

Anyone know of a good way to reproduce this kind of an effect in AE?

Is there a filter that would help, or a method in After Effects? I'm still using CS4, but could upgrade if CS5 has a better options for this.

So for example, I'd like to take a 10 minute video and skip every say, 20 frames, but show the 21st frame for 1/5 of a second, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Jayden

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Video effect in After Effects
on Apr 15, 2011 at 5:42:14 am

Time remapping and hold keyframes.

Return to posts index

Jayden Lawson
on Apr 15, 2011 at 5:43:27 am

Thanks very much Brian. I think I had tried that, but I'll give it another go. Was hoping there may be a better way...

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:57:54 am

The example you posted was most likely done by using a bunch of stills, various frames numbers for each still, much like in this production:

You could go through your footage, export still frames from the shots you need, bring them in AE and exetnd each still for a number of frames to get the desired effect. In the example above I shortened the number of frames for the stills as the timeline progressed.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jayden Lawson
on Apr 16, 2011 at 2:19:21 am

Thanks Ted. Great work with your video! Really gets frantic in the last half of the video!

I think the St George example was shot with stills. I guess I was just after a similar effect and a way I can do it efficiently. I've got so much footage!! Will post the end result on here :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]