ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gerald ruppenAfter Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:14:26 pm

Hello Guys

Can me help somebody. I have a project in dvc pro hd 1080i25p. I dont know what the hell it means the i before the 1080.

When I load the native mxf format to AE and I do a composition and export it by the render queque and use the pro res 422 hq, So fcp shows to me that this clip is interlaced.

Does FCP convert this clip automatically to progressive?
Why is AE exporting interlaced??

Which is the best codec for exporting in FCP?? No compression causes problems in COLOR afterwards. So I cant use no compression.

Or is it all no problem because Final Cut converts the end movie in Progressive. Wenn I use the Progressive Option. Is that right??

Thanks for ADVICES

Gerald Ruppen

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:43:25 pm

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) prefers to use the resolution and frame rate (not field rate) separated by a slash, as in 1080i/30 and 1080i/25, likewise 480i/30 and 576i/25.[1] Resolutions of 1080i60 or 1080i50 often refers to 1080i/30 or 1080i/25 in EBU notation.
So your 1080i25p probably means that your footage is interlaced, 25fps/50 fields per second.
If progressive is what your final footage needs to be, all you need to do is interpret your footage.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:36:05 pm

In addition to Ted's advice on separating fields, you will need to know that 1080 is Upper Field First, which is how it should both be interpreted and rendered.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

gerald ruppenRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 3:32:27 pm

Thanks for advice

Can some body affirm following conclusions???????????

1. The dvc pro hd 1080i25p is also a PsF???? That records 50i(50 frames) and produces a twin of 2 compensating halfframes???

2.And interlaced 1080i 50i records every individual halfframe???

3. I use a mxo2 Le, output with Sdi and a FSI reference Monitor. Is it possible to judge by eye if it is progressive or interlaced???? If I dont see every second horizontal line in motion blurr, so am I 100 percent sure that Im using progressive? And causes no problems on big screen?????

4. In final cut pro when i change the dominance of halframes to none, I see no difference. What actually is this option for?????

greetings from a swiss cow

5. Is it possible that fcp interprets footage in a wrong way when it comes from a third party application like after effects?????????

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:49:29 pm

[gerald ruppen] "1. The dvc pro hd 1080i25p is also a PsF???? That records 50i(50 frames) and produces a twin of 2 compensating halfframes???"

Incorrect: it makes an initial scan of the complete frame at the same instant in time; it then records that complete frame as two fields. The footage behaves as if it's progressive.

[gerald ruppen] "2.And interlaced 1080i 50i records every individual halfframe???"

It scans the first field and records it; 1/50 of a second later, it scans the second field and records it. This is why interlacing is so noticeable when there is fast motion in the frame: the field scans come from two different times, whereas in progressive the entire frame is scanned at the same time.

I can't answer 3&4, because I don't know the precise details of how your system is configured. I leave those answers to others.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]