ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Good ways of adding a border just to a transition edge?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattias Svendsen
Good ways of adding a border just to a transition edge?
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:30:43 pm

Im doing a Linear wipe at an angle on a comp in a comp. I wanted to add a Drop Shadow to create a border just on the wipe edge. As usual when drop shadows is near edge of layer it doesnt go all the way. Favourite solution for layers: add Grow Bounds before Drop Shadow effect. But I have a Comp so thats out. How to solve that?

Other good ways of adding a border (solid color, 4 pixels) just to the transition edge is gratefully accepted.

(CS5 btw)

Regards / Mattias Svendsen

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Good ways of adding a border just to a transition edge?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:22:41 pm

Howazbout Layer Styles>Stroke? You will have to scale the nested comp so that the outside Stroke is pushed out of the comp.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Mattias Svendsen
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:19:13 pm

Excellent idea. No need for scale even, it works directly on the Comp with wipe on. Simple but the best solutions often are. Some minor draw error at frame edge when using linear wipe in an angle but nothing that will distract.

Thank you Roland.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:43:48 am

Hi Mattias, I'm glad it worked out for you. FWIW, I actually tried a few other alternatives but this seemed to work the best. Sometimes, we tend to over-think and end up looking at exotic solutions which don't always work.

Cheers
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]