ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Page Turn/Fly Away

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chet TuckerPage Turn/Fly Away
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 7:39:47 pm

Hi there!

I'm working on a project where we have a corner of video that needs to act as if it is being affected by wind and eventually the wind kicks up and blows the video away in a page turn transition. I'm trying to use wiggle with a slider control to animate the increasing wind. The page turn needs to just be kind of small and crazy at first, build a little but after about 2 seconds needs to go into a full page turn and blow the video away completely. The problem with the slider control is that it pushes the page turn position way out of visual range where it can't be seen at all at times. I can't put a wiggle by itself over the layer because we need to have the video still at first. I guess my question is how can I limit the wiggle to just the small area that I need to see the page turn happening wildly but not have it move over a great distance? Thanks in advance guys, you're GREAT!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Page Turn/Fly Away
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:46:33 pm

Have your wiggle amount set low, but your wiggle frequency set high.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Chet TuckerRe: Page Turn/Fly Away
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 7:44:32 pm

I kind of met you halfway...because I needed to animate the page turn with a wiggle - hence the slider control I mentioned. BUT I duplicated the layer and for the one layer I animated the amount of wiggle using the slider control - starting it when needed. I used your suggestion and when I need the page turn to go off completely I just went to the 2nd duplicated layer and made a full, quick page turn. It didn't go the way I thought it would but the end result is the same. Thanks for the help!

Chet Tucker
Video Editor/Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved