ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixel Polly/Shatter along a path?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan MarcusPixel Polly/Shatter along a path?
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 3:51:54 pm

Alright so I have some text and I need it to shatter and the particles to follow a path i.e. text breacks, shards flow in an arch into object. I can't figure out how to do this w/o making text layers and using a triangular mask, can't find anything on the net about this. Anyone got any ideas?

Return to posts index

Eddy RoseRe: Pixel Polly/Shatter along a path?
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 2:18:48 am

Not a big fan of shattering stuff in AE (prefer c4d) but I"m all of 95% sure there's no was to get those pieces to follow a path.

Maybe you should consider a mix of shatter and a mix of trapcode particular.

Return to posts index

Ethan MarcusRe: Pixel Polly/Shatter along a path?
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:39:35 am

That's what I'm thinking I have to do. I know there is a tut that does particular and text, I might be able to get a glass like texture for it aswell.

Return to posts index

Eddy RoseRe: Pixel Polly/Shatter along a path?
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 2:47:43 pm

Honestly what you're talking about really sounds more like a job for a 3D program.

Can you fake it in AE? Sure you can fake anything in AE, but getting it to look believable and polished? That's some Andrew Kramer shit. Might wanna just bite the bullet and look into 3D.

Return to posts index

Ethan MarcusRe: Pixel Polly/Shatter along a path?
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:49:13 pm

I know it can be made some how, I've saw title intros and videos a while ago of text breaking and the pieces doing like a loop. Not well versed in 3D atm either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]