ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

wavy lines when playing back rendered project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Muradwavy lines when playing back rendered project
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 4:31:53 am

After rendering a video from an Uncompressed AVI (from Vegas) to an .mp4 (AE project file in Adobe Media Encoder), when I playback the final product, any camera pans cause the video to distort in a wave-like manner.
The original shot was AVCHD 1080i, after going though Sony Vegas it was an Uncompressed AVI 1080p, and I've made multiple final products that were rendered from an AE Project file in Adobe Media Encoder (.mp4 1080p, .mp4 1080i, .MPEG2 1080p). All of the final rendered products have this problem. And all of the final products are relatively small files (<200MB for 45 seconds). What can I do to make the final product run smoothly? Is it the media players(I've tried 3:VLC, Windows, Quicktime)? Is it my rendering process? And the quality is not as good as the original, is there anything i can do to fix that?
Thank you very much in advance!!!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: wavy lines when playing back rendered project
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 7:24:29 am

From what I understand, you have imported Uncompressed avi in AE for further work and then you are rendering out using Media Encoder. If that is correct here's a few things to figure out:
Does the uncompressed footage look fine when compressed through Encoder? (do a few seconds test)
If you render uncompressed from AE and then run that through Encoder do you still get the same issue?
Check the pixel aspect ratio and the size of your comp and footage to make sure you have the same throughout the workflow.
These may help you find where exactly is the problem starting to show.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved