ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I make this look more realistic?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WoodHow can I make this look more realistic?
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 8:46:02 pm

This is my first time bringing a 3D object into a 2D scene in After Effects, I was wondering how I can make this logo of Cartoon Network that's flying through the sky look more realistic?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: How can I make this look more realistic?
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 10:08:10 pm

Render it out of your 3D program using GI and/or ambient occlusion. Needs a blur; you can do it in AE. CC Force Motion blur on the logo comp only. The shadow of the logo increases as it approached the camera. Is that what you wanted the lighting to do in the shot?

Return to posts index

Chris WoodRe: How can I make this look more realistic?
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 12:33:36 am

The shadow on the logo is just because it moves out of the boundary of the area light, but yes I'll try some ambient occlusion and I was going to add some blur to give a depth of field effect.

Any tips on Ambient occlusion? I've never meddled with it in Cinema 4D. I mean, how to specifically get it to look good for compositing.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris WoodRe: How can I make this look more realistic?
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 1:58:08 pm

Ambient Occlusion provided no difference to render quality unfortunately, it's probably because the CN logo is basically a flat cube. Anything else I can try? I've applied some motion blur and I've given it an animated box blur for a depth of field effect.

Return to posts index

David Alex WanganjuHow can I make this look more realistic?
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 2:50:35 pm

I'd say add some motion blur and add some shadowing on the roofs on the houses to give the viewer an idea of its relative position to the world.

Hope it helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]