ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ram Preview Shortcut-After Effects CS4 - Macbook Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsRam Preview Shortcut-After Effects CS4 - Macbook Pro?
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 11:39:18 am

Hi,

Before you all jump on me and say this has been posted before and Mr. Rabinowitz has a podcast for it, etc.....his method is for an earlier version of After Effects and it doesn't work for me. Function M doesn't work either. Someone else provided a link to adobe's site that was also supposed to have directions for changing the keyboard short cut....there were no directions there. I also tried working with the KeyEd Up. jsx script and had no luck. I would use it to change the shortcut...it would tell me to restart for the change to take effect...I'd type the shortcut and nothing. Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for Ram Preview on a macbook pro for AE CS4? How could this most basic function not be better documented by Adobe or Apple for that matter. Maybe it's an Apple Vs. Adobe thing? This is as bad and obvious as removing command +s, so it seems like a deliberate bit of industrial sabotage.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Ram Preview Shortcut-After Effects CS4 - Macbook Pro?
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 2:46:40 pm

I got KeyedUp to work with Command-Space Bar in CS4.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Ram Preview Shortcut-After Effects CS4 - Macbook Pro?
by on Apr 10, 2011 at 4:18:41 pm

I avoid using the laptop keyboard whenever I can, not only limits After Effects functionality, but also Photoshop Illustrator, Cinema 4D, etc.

However since having a extended keyboard around is not always a possibility I've found that having a numeric keyboard pretty much does the trick, I have a physical one (if that's the appropriate term) and an app, running on my iPod touch.

Not as versatile as modifying shortcuts (still don't understand why Afer affects is the only Adobe program that doesn't allow this), but helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]