ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating "3D" moving BG with bezier warp - need advice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate PerkinsCreating "3D" moving BG with bezier warp - need advice
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 12:31:08 am

Howdy COWboys and girls.

I am working on a slideshow movie for a client website that is 960x300 pixels. I'm making it an AE. I would like to have a background that looks like the inside of a sphere with a geometric pattern slowly moving toward the camera. I've generated a lovely background, but am having problems making the "3d inner cylinder" part. I've tried CC cylinder, which works but which my little computer cannot render.

Now I'm trying Effect> Distort >Bezier Warp to simply warp the background to have that "going off into the distant" look. I generated a large background and keyframed the movement from right to left. I placed that inside a new comp. I placed that comp in my slideshow comp. I selected this last comp and applied the bezier warp. I'd like for the bezier warp to affect the new comp but it doesn't - it is affecting the layer within the comp within the comp (which is a lot bigger and which makes it more difficult to use.) I was expecting it to apply only the the size of the comp (which I restricted to a smaller size than the background layer inside it.) I'm feeling like there's some fundamental concept of comps-within-comps that I'm lacking here - does anyone have a suggestion? Or alternately another way of doing this that is less cumbersome. Many thanks - hope that was clear.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Creating "3D" moving BG with bezier warp - need advice
by on Apr 9, 2011 at 2:29:49 pm

What about using CC Lens? Increase the size, adjust the convergence value and place the center where you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved