ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nichole Zumpe
Rendering
on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:35:40 am

I am loading pictures and quicktime videos into a three screen set up. After I scale the images/video to the appropriate size for each screen what is the next step of rendering each screen out separately? Each screen is a separate output.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rendering
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:07:35 am

[Nichole Zumpe] "I am loading pictures and quicktime videos into a three screen set up. After I scale the images/video to the appropriate size for each screen what is the next step of rendering each screen out separately? Each screen is a separate output."

It sounds like you're working in one master comp which contains all three screens?

If so, your next step is to create three render comps (each the size of its actual output). Drop the master comp into each if these render comps and reposition it so the render comp only "sees" its screen.

Render these three comps instead of the one master comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:28:06 am

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. When I do make the separate outputs and try to render all three photos they each show up separately in the que and not together on one comp. Shouldn't they all be on one comp? Instead of seeing each image file separate?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:52:21 am

If you need to deliver three separate outputs, you want three separate renders -- or am I misunderstanding you?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 11, 2011 at 4:22:59 pm

Is there a certain way to make an out point? I keep trimming the timeline but it still does not stop at the end of the video.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 11, 2011 at 4:37:17 pm

Two ways to do it immediately come to mind:
  • Place the timeline cursor at the point where you want the comp to end. Note the time. In the comp settings, change the length of the comp to that time PLUS ONE FRAME. You're done.
  • Go to the time where you want the comp to begin. Hit the b (for Begin) key. Go to the time where you want the comp to end Hit the n (for eNd) key. You've down defined a Work Area. Go to Composition>Trim Comp To Work Area. You're done.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 11, 2011 at 7:12:59 pm

I have a three screen set up with three different outputs. However when I try to output the side screen the center screen is showing instead of the side.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:19:08 pm

[Nichole Zumpe] "I have a three screen set up with three different outputs. However when I try to output the side screen the center screen is showing instead of the side."

Assuming you're still using the configuration we talked about above, it sounds like the main comp is not positioned correctly in your side render comp. Slide it over.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:31:18 pm

Same step up. The master plays perfect but when I click to my side screen its in the center. Can I set it so I dont have to keep sliding the video over.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:09:54 pm

[Nichole Zumpe] "Same step up. The master plays perfect but when I click to my side screen its in the center. Can I set it so I dont have to keep sliding the video over."

I'm having a hard time visualizing your problem.

Let's assume you have one working comp, triple-wide, named MASTER.

You've created three render comps (each sized for output at one-third the width of MASTER). Let's call these LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT. Drop MASTER into each of them.

All you have to do is adjust the Position property of the MASTER layer in each of the three render comps (LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT) so that it's positioned properly. It should not be resetting itself when you click away.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:43:37 pm

Is there a way to slide the master over perfectly... such as a lock and move feature

Return to posts index

Nichole Zumpe
on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:18:04 pm

and how do i do that feature?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:28:14 am

[Nichole Zumpe] "Is there a way to slide the master over perfectly... such as a lock and move feature"

Yes. Select the layer, tap the P key (for position), and scrub the position values with the mouse, or click into them and enter numeric values directly.

If you're sliding the layer in the composition viewer, hold the shift key while moving it to constrain its motion.

See Move layers in space [link] for more details.

If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]