ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keylight (1.2) White spots at joints.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LaneKeylight (1.2) White spots at joints.
by on Apr 6, 2011 at 10:05:39 am

Hi, I've received footage filmed on a Sony Z1E. The subject is standing holding their hand in front of them with their elbows pointed outwards. When keying out with Keylight I get small white spots at the joints of the subjects armpits and where their arms then corss over their body. The best thing I've been able to do is reduce screen balance to 0 and do some colour correction to compensate this gets them nearly gone but still there. The footage isn't brilliant as the green screen isn't very evenly light, it's lighter at the top and darker at the bottom.

Is there any tips you could give or is it just a case of I can't pull a good matte from the footage?

Return to posts index

Chris LaneRe: Keylight (1.2) White spots at joints.
by on Apr 6, 2011 at 12:35:41 pm

I've found the problem. She has a very small but very noticeable halo her that gets stronger in corners. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Keylight (1.2) White spots at joints.
by on Apr 6, 2011 at 12:48:02 pm

This camera shoots either DVCAM or HDV/DV format. I'm going to assume you're working with HDV.

If you haven't transcoded to another format for keying, I suggest you do so. HDV is it is a compressed long GOP format, After Effects won't work well with it.

I'd transcode to a workable format then work on correcting the colour first, then the key. Depending on how poor the footage is you may need to do some rotoscoping.

You can work in stages, getting a rough key and using that as a track matte on a duplicate layer of the footage, then pull another key on the duplicate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved