ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rion GilpinRendering
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:17:21 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm wondering why when I render out of after effects to AVI or any other format some of the effects arent there. one in particular is just a light ray. It's not very long and the light ray effect is only about .5 seconds. When I preview in Ram preview it's there. But not after I render. Also, What are the best settings for all work in After effects to get the most out of the program? I'm running with a quad core processor with 8 gigs of ram. Help me ? please?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 2:48:46 am

That light ray may be disappearing because you're trying to use Open GL to accelerate rendering. Don't do it: the folks at Adobe don't use Open Gl when rendering, which should be a BIG clue.

Just so you know, I have a dual quad-core machine at work wi 8 GB RAM. I don't fool around with multiprocessing because I know I don't have enough memory to make it work efficiently. At home I have a dual quad-core machine,l but it has 24 GB RAM. Multiprocessing works just fine.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rion GilpinRe: Rendering
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 2:26:23 pm

thanks for responding. I have the multiprocessing clicked off. I'm not familiar with what open GL is? And how do I change that?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Rendering
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 3:39:41 pm

Searching in the AE help pulls up tons of info: Click here [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved