ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

No Audio from P2 Footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Perry
No Audio from P2 Footage
on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:01:40 am

I have After Effects CS5. I can import the P2 MXF video files just fine into After Effects but the program won't play the P2 MXF audio files. I have checked this with a Ram Preview and the audio levels don't display in the time line either.

I have also tried importing the QuickTime files that are created when the P2 footage has been 'logged and transferred' in Final Cut Pro. The video is fine but again there is no audio.

None of our 4 workstations can play P2 audio in After Effects. These are on MacPro 12-core computers running 10.6.7 and the current version of After Effects (just updated today).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Doug

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: No Audio from P2 Footage
on Mar 30, 2011 at 5:18:18 am

Weird. I don't have this issue with MXF files from P2 media. Just tried it and the audio plays fine.

However, I generally transcode the MXF to ProRes when I work with FCP.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 30, 2011 at 3:44:32 pm

[Doug Perry] "I have also tried importing the QuickTime files that are created when the P2 footage has been 'logged and transferred' in Final Cut Pro. The video is fine but again there is no audio"

Do you hear audio when you play the clips in FCP? And how are you getting the clips from FCP and into AE?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
on Mar 30, 2011 at 8:36:45 pm

If the video was shot using one of the over or under crank frame rates, you will not have audio.

The levels on the camera will bounce, and you can monitor it, but nothing will be recorded.

Return to posts index

Doug Perry
on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:49:47 pm

I've been doing some more testing and some of my P2 footage does play audio which is really strange. Audio plays fine in FCP all the time.

I have tried using both the original MXF P2 footage as well as the QuickTime movies from the Log and Transfer process. I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]