ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Objects Anchor Point and Text Object to Layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Wolfram
Text Objects Anchor Point and Text Object to Layers
on Mar 29, 2011 at 6:55:07 pm

Okey Dokey Folks.

Sometimes in After Effects I have to write a text block, and my anchor point is somewhere else other than center. Is there any quick way to just stap the anchor point to the center, THE EXACT CENTER, other than hitting "Y" and moving the anchor point yourself.

Part 2 Question:

Has anyone ever come across a script that can break a large block of text into layers of each character. For exacmple; "Satisfaction Guaranteed" would be broken into 22 Layers of S,A,T,I,S,F etc. And each of those characters would have the anchor point in the center.

thanks

Who doesn't fall, cannot rise.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Text Objects Anchor Point and Text Object to Layers
on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:23:46 pm

Here's a script that breaks up the characters from a single text layer into individual characters, each within their own text layer.

To center a text layer's Anchor Point, you would use the Paragraph setting. To set an individual character's Anchor Point, you use the Group ALignment property found within the More Options category. Specifically, a setting of [0,-37] does the job. You can type [o,-37] as an Expression into the said property and then select Copy Expression Only from the Edit Menu. THen select your target layers and paste.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Isaac Wolfram
on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:32:49 pm

where is the script??? great info btw.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:49:22 pm

It's here ;-) -> http://aescripts.com/decomposetext/

Sorry about that.

Cheers
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Isaac Wolfram
on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:23:16 pm

Decompose text is very cool. Though when I run "preserve character location", I get the anchor point in the same position for each character. When I select "appropriate anchor point" it moves each character to the original anchor point. Neither seems to give me the anchor point in the center of each character.

Do you know how to get the anchor point in the center of each charter when using text deconstruct?

I would like to say thank for for all the info.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Mar 30, 2011 at 3:48:34 am

Hi Isaac, sorry to hear about your issues with the Decompose Script. I suggest that you post your question on their site. Lloyd and the gang there are usually prompt in their responses to customer questions and issues.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Mar 30, 2011 at 5:19:34 am

Not sure whether this will help but there's also a script there (by the same author) that allows you to reposition the anchor point on selected layers.

http://aescripts.com/repositionanchorpoint/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]