ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

keyframes have disappeared...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James St Clairkeyframes have disappeared...
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 4:01:30 pm

Hi, I am working on an animation of a PSD layered composition, everything's going fine, I have about 6 keyframes on the timeline marking camera movement and one layer's movement. I save the file, close the project, later re open the project

and all of the keyframes have disappeared from the timeline. The correct movement of camera and layer is still happening, but I cannot see where the keyframes are to make further edits.

How do I get these keyframes to re appear?

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: keyframes have disappeared...
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 4:10:08 pm

Twirl down the little triangle next to the layer.

Or, if you only want to see the animater properties, highlight the layer and press U. Also known as the uber key. I have no idea why.

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: keyframes have disappeared...
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:53:53 pm

Uber key because UU shows up all the stuff you've done to the layer.

Return to posts index

James St ClairRe: keyframes have disappeared...
by on Mar 30, 2011 at 4:43:46 pm

Thanks Bret and Jason

what I discovered is that - for instance on the camera layer - I animated the position in the first session. After reopening the project, if I select the camera layer in the timeline, and press the p key, it opens up the position sublayer underneath the "Camera" layer again, with all it's keyframes again visible.

I would prefer to keep all those sublayers visible, and don't know why they want to disappear when I close the project. Is there a preference somewhere I can tell the progam to keep that information active in the timeline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved