ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Feedback for university project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tara DavisFeedback for university project
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 1:41:37 pm

I have uploaded opening sections of two of my final projects. These are just short clips at the moment as its constantly a working progress, till my hand in date of may 4th.

I want to destroy something beautiful - animation of song lyrics

Mother's memory - a mother remembering her son who passed away shortly after his graduation in reverse, so it will end with his birth.

I've received feedback from my tutor about adding some lights to give it more depth but would appreciate more feedback to help me improve my work. Alongside these projects I also need to write a 5000 word critical reflection so the more feedback I get the better.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Feedback for university project
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 5:43:11 pm

In animation timing is almost everything (to be a bit extreme, of course artwork and other things matter). You need to help your audience by guiding them through your visual narrative. Do not let them wait too long for something to happen or even give them enough time to understand what is happening before the event ends unless you have some major surprise/event at the end. So - speed up your animation, make sure the different parts blend seamlessly, use faster transitions and more interesting ones (zooming in to a dark side of the frame and coming out of a dark spot is not as interesting as going in and out of an eye).
Use this website as well as,, to learn from great tutorials.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tara DavisRe: Feedback for university project
by on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:24:40 pm

Hi Tudor

Thanks for the response, great to finally have some feedback I can work on. I'm having a slight issue with the quality of the photos as the photos are quite old and were not taken with a digital camera. However I see what you mean now about zooming into eyes rather than into the black of the gown.

Thanks for the links for tutorials.
Much appreciated

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved