ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects doesn't complete Renders.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiAfter Effects doesn't complete Renders.
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 10:15:47 am

Hi Guys.
I'm having some issues in the last days working on my workstation (http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/997730).

I have sadly a real urgency about finishing this work, and now even another problem came up. When Rendering a composition, AE suddenly stops at some frames, even without any warning or error. In the link I posted above there also are my PC's specs, I really hope to solve this stuff asap, and sorry for my nervousism.

"Cinetica Video" post-producer.

Return to posts index

Michele PoggiRe: After Effects doesn't complete Renders.
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 10:53:23 am

It's getting worse, crashing as long as I hit "render".

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: After Effects doesn't complete Renders.
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 4:11:27 pm

What happens when you remove the gen arts effects?

Have you tried resetting the After Effects preferences to their defaults? (Hold down alt+Shift+Control when you launch After Effects)

Have you adjusted the "Secret" Preferences to purge every x number of frames on render?

Return to posts index

Michele PoggiRe: After Effects doesn't complete Renders.
by on Mar 27, 2011 at 1:00:55 pm

I think the problem is exactly in the Sapphires, so I still didn't try to uninstall them because it actually IS what I need to finish this work. I will try resetting the preferences but for now I discovered something extremely weird.. I get a lot less problems (I get them, but fewer) if everytime I have to preview or render I move ALL the layers in a new comp. I don't really understand "technically" how this helps but actually.. It does, a little.

I'm really interested about the "secret" option you mentioned as it could be something I unaware of, can you englight me? ;] Thanks for the help, really.

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: After Effects Secret Preferences
by on Mar 27, 2011 at 2:40:19 pm

If press the Shift key when you select Preferences > General from the menu, Secret preferences that affect rendering and memory management are revealed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]