ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole SudykaHow to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 12:56:51 am

Without effecting the video? And replace that part with an audio file from my computer? How do I go about doing this? Thanks so much

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 1:35:52 am

After Effects isn't meant for editing audio, you're better off editing the audio with a dedicated applications (SoundBooth, SoundTrack, ProTools) and then importing the audio back into After Effects.

You could use a brute force method by keyframing audio levels to - 48db where you need the audio replaced but the result won't be as good.

Return to posts index

Nicole SudykaRe: How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 1:51:13 am

But how would I edit the audio if the audio is with the video? I mean I don't have an .mp3 file or an actual audio file of the audio on the video, just the video itself. How would I use it with one of those audio editing programs?

Return to posts index

Shahin GhahremaniRe: How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 3:19:31 am

Hi Nicole, that is very simple to export only the audio track of your video and edit it in a professional software! What you only need is a QuickTime Pro or Adobe premiere or even Adobe encoder! however QuickTime pro is way easier and faster way in this case, and what you only need to do is opening your video clip with QuickTime pro and export it to an audio file that you need like mp3 or wav, but basically this only possible if your video file format is a .mov / .avi / .flv and some other formats and/or compressions that are supported by QuickTime!
By the way Adobe premiere also can be a good alternative for this, again if only your video file can be imported by Premiere, indeed. and the way is so easy again which you only need to drop your video file onto the timeline and UNLINK the audio and video track from one the other and delete the video track and keep the audio on the time line and export whatever remains on the timeline to an audio file! That's it!
Hope this can help you!

Regards

Shahin

--------------------------------------------------------
Please visit my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Animationstudies

Return to posts index

Jon BaggeRe: How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 3:24:19 pm

If for whatever reason you want to do some simple audio editing in After Effects, duplicate the layer with the source audio/video on it.
Turn off the 'eye' icon for one of the copies and the 'speaker' icon for the other. Now you have two layers one with audio and one with video.

To cut the audio you'll have to split the audio layer, and insert another layer with new audio or whatever you want to do. As mentioned you can keyframe the audio volume.

But for anything even slightly more advanced than that you'll want to use either an audio editing application, or a non-linear editor like Premiere, Avid, FCP.

--------------
http://www.jonbagge.net
Jon Bagge - Editor - London, UK
Avid - FCP - After Effects

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2011 at 8:13:21 pm

I have download Adobe Premiere CS4. How would I do this in Premiere? I've imported my video and it's on the timeline under both video and audio.

Return to posts index

Shahin GhahremaniRe: How to cut out part of the audio of a video in AE CS4
by on Mar 26, 2011 at 9:37:58 pm

Here are the steps by assuming that the clip is already set onto the timeline and ready to go:
1. simply go to File > Export > Media
2. on the menu window just opened, UNCHECK the EXPORT VIDEO and select WINDOWS WAVE FORM from the Format drop down menu bar
(actually when you select the format as .Wav the EXPORT VIDEO will automatically go off!)
3. Now under the summery you can see a summery of the file you will get after all, so if you satisfy then just click on EXPORT straight away, though if not just adjust the bit rate and any other quality options given as you want then press Export. (Just keep in mind that it would be better if you also set the location of the output file from the menu now otherwise you may wander around to find your file later!)
That's all!
Now import the Audio file into any audio editing software that you have and assign your manipulation to it!
By the way you can also do some simple audio editing within Premiere itself and then export the final result though it depends on the complexity of the edit that you want, since Premiere is not specifically for audio editing!
Good luck.

Shahin

--------------------------------------------------------
Please visit my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Animationstudies

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2011 at 2:01:26 am

Thanks to all of you, your help is much appreciated. I was able to do what I wanted

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]