COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maurito Zarate[AE CS5] 3D Projection Camera
by on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:29:16 pm

[AE CS5] 3D Projection Camera

Hello everyone,
following some tutorials on the web about the 3D camera projection in Ae,
for example [from minute 06:28]
it always comes to a point where you have to copy the Camera Position parameters in those o f a duplicated original Photo that usually is renamed "Projected".
At this point there is a passage that I can't understand: that Photo named "Projected" is first approaching repositioned using the Z Position parameter, but re scaled by Scale parameters to resize for the general framework of the Comp…
I do not understand this step: why and how many heve i move Z parameters in Position and why heve i change paramenters (going to Scale) to finish resizing for the general framework of the Comp?

Hard to explain but if you see the tutorial you'll know what I mean.

Many, many thanks!

Return to posts index

Juan UrquhartRe: [AE CS5] 3D Projection Camera
by on Mar 25, 2011 at 7:59:06 pm

Hi Maurito,
that'a good question , the idea is to place the picture to be projected just in front of the camera, that's why you have to reposition it using z parameter... that can be done by eye, is not necesary to be the advice is to look at the comp from the top view, you'll see the projection camera, the projection light and the picture... then you look from the active camera , and scale the picture until the projection recovers the original size...

hope it makes sense

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved