ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to create a bending and swerving tunnel in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deepak Adhikary
How to create a bending and swerving tunnel in After Effects
on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:27:55 am

Hey everyone, I have seen plenty of tutorials on how to make tunnels in after effects, so much so I could probably do it in my sleep. However many of these tuts only show how to make a straight tunnel. Does anyone know how to warp that tunnel so it can go up, down, left or right? I just think a straight tunnel is very boring. Can anyone help me out with this? Preferably I would like to do this solely in After Effects.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: How to create a bending and swerving tunnel in After Effects
on Mar 24, 2011 at 5:26:06 am

It's obvious that you sleep too much! ;-)

Here's Chris Zwar's COW Tunnel Tutorial -
Chris Zwar's COW Tunnel Tutorial

Cheers!
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Deepak Adhikary
on Mar 24, 2011 at 1:19:36 pm

I was thinking of something a little more 3D and that wasn't made with AE 6 or 7.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 24, 2011 at 4:48:36 pm

Who cares what version of AE it was made with? The basic workings of the program is the same. A majority of what we do in it has been the same since version 5.5

That being said, you might look into using CC Particle World or Particular and a tunnel-hole-shaped custom particle. Shoot it towards the camera and then move the emitter on x and y to get curves.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Anthony Perkus
on Jun 7, 2013 at 1:43:04 am

i have a tiny question, i'm using plexus and i made a simple tunnel with a few rectangles and when i try to zoom through it by setting keyframes on the z tracking position on the camera the animation is messed up and looks glitchy.. how i can make it zoom through a simple tunnel? thanks´╗┐ =)

Return to posts index

Galen Young
on Mar 24, 2011 at 6:03:28 pm

Shoaib Khan has a nice tunnel tutorial on his website that makes bendy 3D tunnels with AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]