ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking Clone Stamp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth WallaceMotion Tracking Clone Stamp
by on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:14:49 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching high and low for a tutorial on how to motion track a clone stamp in After Effects, but so far I haven't had the best results. I found the tutorial by Angie Taylor, but since I didn't have the project files, I got lost and couldn't achieve the same results that she did.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have an interview clip that I imported into AE, and I want to remove a blotch on the back wall. I just want to clone a small patch of the clean wall, paste it over the damage spot, and track the stamp so that it is anchored over the spot when the camera shifts. I'm pretty new at AE, so could someone give me a quick breakdown of the steps necessary to do that?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Motion Tracking Clone Stamp
by on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:31:51 pm

You can export a frame, create a patch in PSD and import that in AE back. (feather the edges). Track using Mocha - plenty of tutorials out there. Comp the patch over the background - apply track data and match grain.
This tutorial may help:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Motion Tracking Clone Stamp
by on Mar 23, 2011 at 7:34:04 pm

And here's another - Carl Larsen - Rig Removal.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Motion Tracking Clone Stamp
by on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:13:55 am

Here's a video that I made that shows using motion tracking and then attaching the motion tracking data to a Clone Stamp stroke:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved