ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering keyed footage with echospace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron KatsnelsonRendering keyed footage with echospace
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 8:02:49 pm

Ive keyed my footage with keylight and then applied echospace to repeat the keyed image in a circle. I then repeated the circle of repeated footage and scaled it over and over to fill the screen. Like a tunnel of moving images that ive keyed. It looks great, but when i went to render the video, the render time was astronomical! upwards of 70 hrs. Im working on a macbook pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 with 4 GB of RAM. I knew the render time would be really long, but theres no way I can have that much time to wait for a render of only a few minutes of video. Any suggestions on how I can achieve this effect without render time being so high?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Rendering keyed footage with echospace
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 8:23:00 pm

Render the key first with alpha and then apply echospace to the rendered footage.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Rendering keyed footage with echospace
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 8:24:49 pm

Pre-render the keyed footage on its own. Import and use the rendered movie as your source for Echospace. This should speed up rendering.

If the render is still long, then pre-render out a single instance of Echospace and then use the rendered movie as a source for the duplicates. The only concern here is if the duplication allows you to maintain your alignment.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved