ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Layer WITHOUT Planespace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Jozwowski3D Layer WITHOUT Planespace
by on Mar 21, 2011 at 8:56:28 pm

Quick Question for all you AE Gurus out there.

I'm currently working on a project for work that involves many 3D comps that will inevitably be laid out in a sphere. Now I have put in a request to purchase the Trapcode Suite, which includes Planespace, but I don't know exactly when it will finally be approved for purchase with accounting so I'm on my own until it arrives.

Is there a intelligent enough way (without eyeballing it) to arrange 3D comps in a sphere? I currently have all the comps I need in the exact same location (X,Y,Z) and all of the Anchor Points are the same (X, Y, Z). I though that just modifying the X, Y and Z rotation values would work, but when I want a comp rotated 135 degrees on the Y axis and then 45 on the X axis, the comp doesn't tilt UP, but around.

I understand why this is happening, but I'm just having a blonde moment on figuring out a workaround.

Return to posts index

Joe JozwowskiRe: 3D Layer WITHOUT Planespace
by on Mar 21, 2011 at 9:10:34 pm

Never mind folks. Here's the answer!

AEScripts has a dockable UI script called Create3D Shapes that allows you to do this. You can create Cubes, Cylinders and even Spheres.

PLUS, you can name your own price... so it's basically free!

Here's the link

- If you were me, you'd be home by now!

Return to posts index

Harry FrankRe: 3D Layer WITHOUT Planespace
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:32:28 am

But.. it sure would be nice of you to donate to the hard working folks that make this stuff for the community.

And also, just so you know.. the Trapcode Suite doesn't include Planespace.

Harry J Frank
Product Evangelist |

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved