ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with highlights on skin

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin CaminProblem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 7:20:52 pm

The highlights on her arms and hands are right in the brightness zone of the background. Because her arms and hands are not being completely lost in the background, you can still make out their shapes, leads me to believe there is some way I can potentially isolate them, to do a tone correction on. I'm trying to avoid hand masking them or using the rotobrush. I've tried difference matte and it didn't work well.

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Problem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 7:48:09 pm

> I'm trying to avoid hand masking them or using the rotobrush

Why?

In the time that it took me to respond to this, you'd probably be done isolating her with the Roto Brush tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Problem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 8:07:05 pm

you could luma matte that in the time it took me to read the above post.

;)

- Spencer

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: Problem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 9:34:14 pm

I don't want the background affected. The background RGB levels are almost identical to the highlights on her hands and arms. If I use a luma matte to hit the highlights it will be bringing in the background too. :)

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: Problem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 9:31:53 pm

I've used the rotobrush quite a bit. I have about 20 seconds or 480 frames to work on. The brush is great but it needs careful adjustment from frame to frame when there is movement and blur occurring. The problem is that I DON'T want to adjust the background and the background RBG levels are falling right around where the highlights on her hands and arms are. The mask needs to be clean or my adjustments will be affecting the background as well since they are so close in tone.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Problem with highlights on skin
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 10:55:00 pm

If you just want to grade the woman, you may get away with using a feathered garbage mask. Only extreme color grading will affect the white background in such a way that it will be visible.
Only real option you have if you need a precise mask is to roto - I Mocha can help a great deal since you need detailed mattes with heavy adjustment on the hands only.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]