ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Allowed RAM

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DeedyAllowed RAM
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 6:08:28 pm

I'm working in AE and it's been getting unusually slow. Keep in mind I also have a fresh install of Windows 7 so my settings are pretty default. I went into Memory settings and checked out the details and it says Allowed RAM is only 0.40 GB, and it's using like 0.38 of it. I have a total of 6GB of RAM, 4 set for AE, and 1.5 for everything else. Anyone know what could be the reason for this?
I found a post of someone else with the same problem and for him it was a firewall issue blocking dynamic link or something. I tried turning off windows firewall but got no results.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Allowed RAM
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 6:49:46 pm

What version of After Effects?

Your description of your problem is not clear to me. Please post screenshots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael DeedyRe: Allowed RAM
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 6:54:53 pm

I think I just fixed it actually. I just went into Premeire Pro and set the same memory settings and for some reason now AE uses all the RAM it can.

Return to posts index

Spencer TweedRe: Allowed RAM
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 8:08:39 pm

That must mean you are in CS5. CS5 allows you to share resources between Adobe programs dynamically - it is actually quite handy at times

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]