ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Analyze Spectrum

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannes ReisingerAnalyze Spectrum
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:11:34 pm

Hello guys!

---the uninteresting
I've been reading forums and watching tutorials here for quite a bit now, but as I didn't find anything for my current project, I decided it's time to register :)
A little about myself: I'm a media technology student from Austria, currently in my 4th semester and only starting with After Effects, actually not knowing a bit about expressions.
About the project: We are doing a little mapping projection (with sound) on a building in Vienna. My idea (one of them) is to mask out some of the bricks of the building and then adjusting their scale (and maybe other properties or effects) in relation to the music so the building would become sort of a three dimensional spectrograph.
---

Here's what I need:

Basically just a spectrum analyzer - Nothing like the Spectrograph Effect of AE, but something that gives me numeric values that I then can apply to some object properties (scale mostly). Around 5-10 bands should do.
That acutally sounds simple but I've been googling my arse of whole day not finding anything useful.
Is there maybe some expression that would give me the values that the Spectrograph effect calculates?
Or another effect, similar to the "create keyframes from audio" stuff?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Analyze Spectrum
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 4:25:16 pm

Do you seek an effect similar to the "Bricks moving out of the way" effect in the first Harry Potter movie, when Harry and Hagrid first enter Diagon Alley?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hannes ReisingerRe: Analyze Spectrum
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 4:56:46 pm

I'm not 100% sure I recall the right scene, but I think you are actually talking about some 3d animation stuff?
That's not what I'm looking for, the illusion of 3D will be only created by adjusting the size of the bricks (actually groups of bricks). Projected on the actual building, this creates a pretty impressive illusion (under the circumstances that the viewers will be standing as near to the beamer position as possible)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Analyze Spectrum
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 4:30:46 pm

[Hannes Reisinger] "Basically just a spectrum analyzer - Nothing like the Spectrograph Effect of AE, but something that gives me numeric values that I then can apply to some object properties (scale mostly). Around 5-10 bands should do."

Check out Trapcode SoundKeys [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:01:39 pm

Thanks a lot, that would be exactly what I'm looking for.
The only problem: It's "fully compatible to After Effects CS3", I'm running CS5. Is there any similar Pulgin running on CS5?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Analyze Spectrum
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:12:49 pm

SoundKeys 1.2 is 64-bit for CS5.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/featured-news/cs5-compatibility/

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:26:17 pm

Yeah, I already found out. I was just confused about the "Feature" Site where the actually write about CS3 compatibility

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]