ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Combining SWF, MP4, FLV, and F4V

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chiara SybesmaCombining SWF, MP4, FLV, and F4V
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:05:23 am

Hey guys,

I've been working on a motion graphic piece in After Effects, but need to combine some files that don't seem to be recognised. I've been at this for over a week now and don't know where else to turn.

The project comes in three parts, an Adobe Captivate project -SWF or F4V, an MP4 movie clip (h.264 codec), and what ever I render my After Effects project as (this seems the easiest since I can choose). I need to combine all three file tyles into one video. I've tried bringing the SWF and MP4 into AE but it won't recodnise the formats. I have also tried rendering my AE project as a flash video and bringing that into Flash, which actually works to combine all three but it is a real pain and not ideal because of the way the timeline works, I end up with gaps between my files when I create one solid movie.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try? I would LOVE to be able to bring the captivate file (which can be rendered as either an SWF or an F4V) and the MP4 into AFter Effects and edit them together from there, but at this point I'll take try anything. Does anyone know of a way to convert those files so that AE would recognise them?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: Combining SWF, MP4, FLV, and F4V
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 7:50:05 am

Can you transcode everything to the same codec?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved