ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Scrolling text with after effects CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
itzel Valadez
Scrolling text with after effects CS5
on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:45:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm an intermediate AE user and I'm doing a vertical scroll. I copy and paste the Mercury Jones script in "position" and worked really nice but I can still see the flicker in my text. My settings are

1920x1080 23.97 fps square pixels and the scroll timing is 30 sec. I added a flicker filter but I can still see the flickering. Is it like a very simple number to change or what should I do.???

Thank you
Itzel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Scrolling text with after effects CS5
on Mar 17, 2011 at 7:06:59 pm

[itzel Valadez] "1920x1080 23.97 fps square pixels and the scroll timing is 30 sec. "

First, let's get that frame rate correct. Do you mean 29.97, or do you mean 23.976?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

itzel Valadez
on Mar 17, 2011 at 7:50:43 pm

Hi Dave,

Yes, my frame is 23.976 ... :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 17, 2011 at 9:06:53 pm

Since the frame rate is 23.976, I have to wonder if you're seeing flicker or if you're seeing fast motion.
23.976 can't accommodate fast motion smoothly, and if your text is moving at 3-4 pixels per frame or more, it won't look smooth.

You can put motion blur on the text and it might help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

itzel Valadez
on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:30:17 pm

Thanks Dave,

Yes I think I'm gonna use the blur effect. The editor I'm working with is using those settings. I don't like it! but I'm gonna make two options one with the 23.976 fps and other option with 30 fps. My render movies are Apple ProRes 422. He asked me to do it that way.

When I compared the two files the 30fps looks much better than the 23.976. He is using FCP, my only concern is if he use the 30fps is it gonna work under a project with a 23.976 fps.???
The final product is a serie of web episodes.

Thank you very much Dave!!!! thank you!!!
Itzel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:02:24 pm

[itzel Valadez] "...my only concern is if he use the 30fps is it gonna work under a project with a 23.976 fps.?"

You are wise to be concerned. The answer is no, it will not work. If your editor is cutting footage at 23.976, the footage you deliver must also be at 23.976. If you mix frame rates, it will only make your animation look worse in FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]