ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RAM Preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt kreslingRAM Preview
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:14:43 am

One problem (among many) that I have with RAM preview is that when AE reaches the last frame of what I've worked on, it will then zoom through the remaining length of the composition, rendering stuff I don't want to see. So when the RAM preview starts, I'll watch a minute of my work followed by 4 minutes of the final frame, or black, for example.

Can you set in and out points for what you want to RAM preview?

I read in the manual where you can set the number of frames to RAM preview by default, but gosh, that changes all the time for me and it would be so much easier if I could quickly set an endpoint. Any tips?

Also, if anyone has ever thrown their machine off of the balcony, do you recommend taking it onto the balcony and then throwing it off, or is it more gratifying to throw it through the sliding glass door and have it continue sailing in an arc of glassy devastation over the balcony wall?

Thanks, Matt

2x2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: RAM Preview
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 3:32:53 am

You can set the work area to define what part of the composition you want to preview.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

matt kreslingRe: RAM Preview
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 3:34:37 am

I knew it would be simple. Thanks. I regret throwing my machine off the balcony now.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: RAM Preview
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 4:05:05 am

Sounds like you may have either not set your Work Area correctly OR you may have the Preview from Here button checked in the Preview Panel.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

matt kreslingRe: RAM Preview
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 7:41:17 am

Yep, you're right, I had the 'From Current Time' box checked--that's why my Work Space parameters didn't limit the RAM Preview. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved