ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange CS5 nesting problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamish Logie
Strange CS5 nesting problem
on Mar 15, 2011 at 12:03:41 am

Hi,

I'm not sure how to describe this problem, it's so odd...

The simple version: The render is coming out with a corruption that doesn't show up anywhere in the timeline when I check the same frames.

The detailed version: I've picked up this project from another freelancer working for a client. It has a nested cartoon character, with CC Bend It used to animate the mouth (so it smiles). It is fine in the nest and the composition it's nested in. But when I render, it creates a second mouth. I've tried different rendering methods, turning on and off motion blur, all with the same result.

In addition, the cartoon character has a reflection below it (Apple stylee). When I went into the nested composition to find the reflective layer, I turned off all the layers and the reflection is still there. So I deleted all the layers and the reflection was still there, in the 'empty' composition.

This is probably sounding more like a ghost story for AE users than a technical problem, but if anyone has any clue what might be causing this - all help would be very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Strange CS5 nesting problem
on Mar 15, 2011 at 3:45:34 am

Hidden shy layers?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Hamish Logie
on Mar 15, 2011 at 9:13:23 am

Good call! Yeah this explains the mysterious reflections - many thanks!

However, still getting the weird render glitch on the CC Bend It effect - any clues?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 15, 2011 at 3:59:01 pm

> However, still getting the weird render glitch on the CC Bend It effect - any clues?

I don't have a clear understanding of the behavior that you're seeing, so I can't guess about the cause.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]